AI has flipped the script on note-taking apps!
I’m always writing notes – on napkins, on the back of receipts, or on my phone. I have found a much better, smarter way to write and organize my notes.
There are so many AI tools out there. I’ve been on a mission, digging through these AI note-taking tools to see which ones are the best.
The result? A list of my favorite AI note-taking apps that are not just good, they’re life-changers for boosting your efficiency and keeping your notes all neat and tidy.
It doesn’t matter if you’re keeping track of recipes for your cookbook, writing for school, or just trying to keep all your thoughts in one place, I’ve got something for you in this AI note-taker lineup.
What Are The Best AI Note Taking Apps?
It’s at the Top of my list for a reason.
Evernote can handle everything from simple to-do lists to complex research documents.
You can easily sync across all devices, ensuring your notes are always accessible, whether on a laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Evernote’s advanced search capabilities are a standout feature, if you need to quickly find specific notes, even searching for text within images which I find so useful for scanning documents and handwritten notes.
Starts you off with a range of templates, making it easy to create structured notes for various purposes, from daily planning to project management.
- The intuitive interface is user-friendly and caters to both beginners and advanced users.
- Robust organizational features make managing a large number of notes effortless.
- Offline access to notes ensures information is available even without the internet.
- Text editing and multimedia attachments add depth to note content.
- Collaboration features like shareable notebooks are great for teamwork.
- Limited upload capacity and features in the free version can be restrictive.
- Full potential, including premium features like more extensive upload limits, is available only in the paid version.
- Some users may find the app’s wide array of features more complex than needed for basic note-taking.
- Requires a premium subscription for integrations with some third-party apps, which might not be feasible for all users.
I have Evernote at the top of the list because its all-encompassing artificial intelligence note-taking process makes it suitable for many people, from students managing personal tasks and organizing homework to professionals handling complex projects.
Evernote is the best choice for an AI note taking app that can grow with your organizational needs while offering seamless cross-platform functionality.
Notion AI merges the functionalities of a document editor, task manager, database, and collaboration platform into one comprehensive tool.
The best choice for project management is allowing users to track tasks, deadlines, meeting notes, and progress all in one place.
I love that it can write meeting minutes for me instantly. It makes summarizing content super easy and is great for lectures, classes as well as Zoom calls.
Notion AI has the capacity for real-time collaboration for teams to work on the same document or project simultaneously, making it a valuable tool for remote teams and group projects.
- Highly adaptable to various project types and workflows.
- Combines elements of note-taking, project management, and databases into one platform.
- The free plan offers robust functionality, making it accessible for everyone.
- It can integrate with other software like ChatGPT and your calendar which makes it that much better!
- Great for tracking detailed project timelines and collaborative work.
- The app’s extensive features can be overwhelming, especially for new users.
- The mobile app experience doesn’t match the fluidity and responsiveness of the desktop version.
- Initial setup and customization can be time-consuming.
- Relies heavily on an internet connection for full functionality, which might be a limitation for users who need offline access.
Notion is an all-in-one workspace for individuals and teams looking for integrated AI note-taking tools, project management, and collaboration platforms.
Its flexibility and Artificial Intelligence make it suitable for both personal organization and managing projects.
If you’re looking for an AI note-taking tool that offers comprehensive organization and customization, Notion is a top choice.
Google Keep is designed for those who appreciate speed and efficiency with a user-friendly interface and colorful sticky note layout, making it exceptionally easy to create notes from spoken words and jot down thoughts, lists, and reminders.
My favorite part is integrating the Google ecosystem, allowing me to seamlessly synchronize with all of my other Google services like Calendar, Sheets, and Docs.
Google Keep’s reminders are location-based, just a mind-blowing feature for task management, helping users stay on top of their schedules.
- It is ideal for rapid AI note-taking, with a straightforward interface that’s easy to navigate.
- It is free and accessible across all devices, providing great flexibility.
- Simple, uncluttered design helps focus on the essentials without distraction.
- Syncs instantly with your Google account, ensuring notes are always up-to-date.
- Location-based reminders add practical functionality, perfect for task management.
- It lacks the depth of features in more comprehensive AI note-taking apps, which may limit its use for complex note management.
- Not suitable for detailed, long-form notes or intricate organizational structures.
- Limited formatting options can be restrictive for users who require more customization in their notes.
- Lacks offline access, which can be a significant limitation in areas with poor internet connectivity.
Google Keep is a straightforward, no-nonsense tool ideal for quickly capturing all your notes, ideas, lists, and reminders.
My favorite Google Keep feature is how you can record all of your ideas quickly and easily with the simple and quick AI-powered note-taking process.
Google Keep is a top contender if you’re looking for an AI note-taker who values speed and simplicity over elaborate features.
Tailored specifically for Apple device users with an elegant design, it stands out and focuses on a clean, distraction-free writing experience.
Bear offers an easy and efficient way to format text for writers and professionals who prioritize style and readability in their notes.
This AI note-taking app has an organizational system I have never seen before, based on tags, allowing for a flexible and intuitive way to categorize and access personal notes.
One of Bear’s notable features is its focus mode, which minimizes distractions and helps users concentrate on their writing.
Seamless synchronization of multimedia attachment notes with images, files, and sketches across Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, and Mac, ensures users can access and work on their notes from anywhere.
- Clean, intuitive interface that beautifully integrates with the Apple ecosystem.
- Excellent for writing and drafting, with advanced markdown editing capabilities.
- Seamless synchronization across Apple devices enhances accessibility and convenience.
- Encryption for private notes adds a layer of security for sensitive information.
- Offers a variety of themes and typography options to personalize the writing experience.
- Exclusive availability on Apple devices limits cross-platform use.
- Advanced features like theme customization and export options are locked behind a subscription model.
- Limited collaboration options compared to other apps might be a drawback for users who frequently work in teams.
- No web version is available, restricting access to notes on non-Apple devices.
Bear is a top choice for Apple users seeking a sleek, minimalist note-taking experience focusing on writing and style.
Its elegant design and markdown editor make it a favorite among writers, while its tag-based organization system offers enough flexibility to suit various note-taking needs.
Bear is an excellent choice if you’re deeply invested in the Apple ecosystem and want an app that blends aesthetics with functionality.
OneNote is an excellent tool for brainstorming sessions, project planning, and creative processes where a structured format might be limiting.
I use it all the time for my day job where there are several projects that I need to keep track of. It has dictation and formatting, making it perfect to lift into other documents or platforms.
My favorite feature is how it supports audio notes and clip content directly from the web.
You Can create multiple notebooks, each with various sections and pages, which is highly efficient for managing large volumes of information.
Seamless integration with other Microsoft Teams Office apps like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint adds to its utility, making it a cohesive part of the Office ecosystem.
- Offers a vast and flexible canvas that encourages creative and unstructured note-taking.
- Integrates perfectly with the Microsoft Office Suite, enhancing productivity for Office users.
- Supports various note types, including audio and web clippings, adding to its versatility.
- Enables organization through customizable notebooks, sections, and pages.
- Real-time collaboration features make it suitable for teamwork and shared projects.
- The interface and vast features can be less intuitive than more straightforward note-taking apps.
- Heavy integration with the Microsoft ecosystem may not be ideal for users who require cross-platform compatibility.
- Can be storage-hungry, which might affect performance on older or less powerful devices.
- Some of the more advanced features are limited to the Windows platform, which might be a drawback for users on other operating systems.
Microsoft’s OneNote is an excellent choice for those already using a Microsoft device, making it a natural extension of the Office Suite.
At the same time, its freeform canvas provides freedom that is hard to find in other note-taking apps.
If you are searching for an AI note-taker that is a robust, feature-rich all around great note-taking tool that syncs seamlessly with your Microsoft applications, OneNote is a solid choice.
Zoho Notebook’s AI tools allow you to add various media types, including text, images, audio, and checklists, to your notes, making them perfect for visual and auditory learners and those who like to keep their notes engaging and dynamic.
It offers a unique approach to organizing and understanding complex information, making it perfect for researchers, writers, musicians, and thinkers who deal with intricate idea structures.
Its customizable notebook covers add a personal touch and help easily organize and identify different notebooks.
Zoho Notebook AI note taker also offers a web clipper, a handy tool for quickly saving content from the internet directly into your notes.
I love that even with a user-friendly interface making navigating and managing your notes easy, it also has cross-device synchronization, ensuring your notes are always accessible, whether you’re taking notes on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Ideal for creating visually appealing notes with multimedia content.
- Free to use without significant limitations, offering great value.
- The web clipper feature is for the easy saving of internet content.
- The locking feature for individual notebooks adds more privacy to your notes.
- Simple and intuitive user interface, suitable for all levels of tech-savviness.
- Not as advanced as those in the leading note-taking apps.
- Lacks more sophisticated organizational tools such as tagging or hierarchical structures, which might limit its utility for managing complex note systems.
- Collaboration features are more limited than many note-taking apps, potentially making it less suitable for team-based projects.
- The search functionality could benefit from being more robust and feature-rich to enhance user experience.
Zoho Notebook’s simplicity and range of key points and features make it an excellent choice for personal use, especially for users who prioritize visual and auditory elements in their notes.
Zoho Notebook is the app you want if you’re looking for an AI note-taker that combines functionality with creativity.
Roam Research is perfect for those who engage in extensive research, complex project planning, and knowledge management.
Its bi-directional linking feature sets Roam apart, which allows users to create an interconnected web of notes for building a knowledge base where every piece of information is contextualized to related ideas.
This AI note-taker is incredible at outlining, and mind-mapping capabilities enable users to visually organize their thoughts, making it easier to see connections and develop insights.
The knowledge graph feature visually maps the connections between your notes, offering a bird’s-eye view of your data.
- Ideal for managing large-scale projects and in-depth research, and perfect for those interested in using AI in higher education.
- Encourages a higher level of organization and thought connectivity, which is invaluable for complex idea development.
- Flexible, nonlinear approach to note-taking, accommodating diverse thinking styles.
- A community-driven plugin ecosystem offers additional functionalities and customization options.
- Embedding multimedia content in notes adds depth and richness to information management.
- The subscription-based model can be a barrier for some users, especially those seeking a free tool.
- Limited features in real-time collaboration features might make it less suitable for team-based projects or shared knowledge bases.
- The interface and feature set can be overwhelming for new users, requiring time to get used to.
Roam Research is perfect for those who want to highlight key points on connections and networks.
It offers a unique approach to organizing and understanding complex information, making it perfect for students, writers, and thinkers who deal with intricate idea structures.
Suppose your work or study involves deep, interconnected thinking, and you’re looking for an AI note-taker to mirror converting spoken words and spoken language to enhance this process. In that case, Roam Research is unmatched in its capabilities.
How Can AI Note-Taking Apps Enhance Productivity?
By making it easier and quicker to get to all of the information you have noted down in the past. AI note-taking apps streamline capturing, organizing, and retrieving notes.
Features like an AI meeting assistant, voice-to-text real-time transcription, smart search, and automated organization help users save time and focus on their core tasks.
Are AI Note-Taking Apps Suitable for Everyone?
Yes! They are super easy to use and there is something out there for everyone.
Preferences vary based on individual needs, such as the simplicity of the interface, specific functionalities, or integration with other tools.
Choosing an AI note-taker that aligns with your personal or professional requirements is really the key to making sure you are getting the most out of your experience and not wasting your time.
Can AI Note-Taking Tools Replace Traditional Note-Taking Methods?
I think so.
Being able to search for content quickly, transcribe meetings, and summarize it all effortlessly is game-changing.
They may not entirely replace the tactile experience and simplicity of pen-and-paper note-taking for some users.
Ultimately, the choice depends on personal preference and the nature of the work. Artificial intelligence may not be for all Note Takers.
From Evernote’s organizational prowess to Roam Research’s networked thought approach, the best AI note-taking apps offer diverse functionalities to tackle whatever task comes your way.
Whether you’re looking for an AI-powered note app that blends simplicity with efficiency or can handle complex project management, there’s an AI-powered note solution for you.